See our publication on this subject on our site
On April 10, 2020, Alexis Cossette claims, on YouTube Radio Québec channel, that governments are deliberately exaggerating the numbers of Covid-19 deaths for political purposes. _Journalistes Solidaires _dissected his comments to extract the truth about those numbers.
A rather long video from Radio Quebec (Youtube channel of Alexis Cossette), tries to prove that the "inflation" of these figures of infected cases and deaths + the panic that it generates is a means used by governments and in particular world institutions (WHO, UN) to establish a new world order, control the population and bring down Trump. It encourages people not to comply with the containment, because Covid 19, only a severe form of pneumonia.
First time seen
17 Apr 2020
Investigation started the
25 Apr 2020
First seen at
26 Apr 2020
- Review and notes on Radio Québec's suspicious source video
- First post-viewing conclusions + listings of the 3 key points
- After hearing of what the video says, change our starting point from "In Canada, was there fraud in the Covid-19 victim count" to "A global fraud in the Covid-19 victim count?"
- Calling an epidemiologist/expert in the Discord KezaCovid group
- Agreement of the three of us on the final structure of the article
- Listing of potential contact persons
- Answers from virology specialists (from Discord KezaCovid cf. call Log)
- Tighten the perspective on the video and what is exposed in it: "Conspiracy: A global fraud in the counting of Covid 19 victims as claimed in this video? FALSE" = Alexis Cossette, is he telling the truth? No, and here's why
- Draft of the first draft
- Correction and reformulations
- Attempt to reduce the text (too long)
Tracks and conclusions
Alexis Cossette, in this video, is clearly an adept of conspiracy theories. His sources concerning the unreliability of the numbers seem quite valid (even if he tends to over-interpret them) but the problem is the intention he puts behind it. He says that if governments don't track it down, if the figures are not accurate, if the media publish alarming headlines, or if chloroquine is not used everywhere, it must be because they want to establish a new world order, a third way between capitalism and socialism.
So the problem lies not only on the level of accounting, because Cossette estimates that only 12% of the Covid deaths are really deaths, but also in the interpretation of the measures taken to count these figures.
Following the editorial conference of 20/04/2020
Tighten the angle on the video and what is exposed in it: "Conspiracy: A global fraud in the counting of Covid 19 victims as claimed in this video? FALSE."
Is Alexis Cossette right? No, and here's why: His discourse doesn't hold up: to dismantle Cossette's assertions argument by argument, by opposing concrete facts (to discredit his thesis, which is based on this third way on which he relies to convince his Internet users).
Conclusion: no inflating of the figures to scare the population and better curb their freedom. On the contrary, the balance sheet is in fact lightened/underestimated, which means that there is no plot to inflate it and scare people.
Do you have any information about this investigation? Do you want to send us a document or link that could be useful to us?
Check My .News set at your disposal a form allowing us to collect your testimony and to be able to possibly contact you thereafter. NEVER TRANSMIT DOCUMENTS OR CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION THROUGH THIS FORM . If you wish to contact our journalists, go to the contact page of our site.
© Check my .News
Report a bug - Design & Code by Amaury - Powered by Airtable